Monday, January 9, 2012

Jardin des Plantes, Bibliothèque F. Mitterand

Salut!
Today I did some exploring around the south-western part of Paris; I spent a good part of the late morning and early afternoon in le Jardin des Plantes, in the 5th arrondissement.  They have a couple of nice, big gardens, and since the sun was in and out today, it was rather pleasant out!






I also discovered that they have a greenhouse there, and you're allowed to go inside!  It was fun to see all the exotic, tropical plants.  (The heat and humidity were rather pleasant, too, I thought!)




Then, on the note of seeing an arrondissement that I still haven't seen much of (the 13th), and of riding the only métro line that I still haven't taken (line 14), I took a bus over to la Bibliothèque nationale de François Mitterand.  It's a funky looking complex made up of several enormous buildings in L shapes (to resemble open books).  I also enjoyed taking the 14 back to the center of town, because it's one of the few automated lines (most lines' cars are still operated by human drivers), which means that you can sit up in the front of the front car, where a conductor would sit, and see the tunnels from that point of view, which was kind of interesting.  (But I didn't take any photos... It wasn't that interesting!)


1 comment:

  1. Hi I Love the Paris its very pretty Miss. Paris Hugs bye Shorty

    ReplyDelete