Sunday, October 30, 2011

There Goes the Neighborhood

Bonjour!
So of course all of my recent wanderings have started and ended in the home neighborhood (10th arrondissement), so I thought I'd just do this quick little post to give you all a bit of local flavor!
Mairie du Xieme, the town hall for the 10th arrondissement, is one block away and where I wait for the 38 bus.

The view down Rue du faubourg St-Martin, with Gare de l'Est at the far end, from the 38 bus stop.  (The Mairie is directly to the right just outside the frame of this photo.)

A detail of the big statue at Place République (at opposite end of my street from the bus stop), showing the breaching of the Bastille by French Revolutionaries.  July 14, Bastille Day, is like the French equivalent of the 4th of July.   

No comments:

Post a Comment