Saturday, September 24, 2011

My French Home--chez moi

I have arrived safely in Paris, and I think I'm finally getting adjusted to the time difference!  Going to bed at a normal hour and waking up before noon are still a bit difficult, but it's getting easier all the time.  I'm living in the 10th arrondissment with a lady and her grown son (he's 25).  I haven't seen much of the son, Samuel, but he seems nice, as does the lady of the house, Natalie.  She and I have chatted a bit (in French, of course), and I watched part of a movie with her, but I don't know her very well yet.  I'm sure I'll get to know her better after I've been living here a bit longer (after all, it's only been four days so far).  The apartment where we live is quite convenient to three Metro stations; Jacques Bonsergent is the closest, although Chateau d'Eau and République aren't far from here, either. Natalie says it's a safe neighborhood, and it seems nice to me.  I've walked around it a bit and found some not-too-expensive grocery stores, as well as the local post office, and of course the local Metro stations!  I think this will be a very nice place to live!
 
my building, from the outside
the view from the front window
the courtyard, as seen from my room
Place Republique, not far from me

No comments:

Post a Comment