Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Canal St-Martin

Bonjour tous!
Not too far from my neighborhood is the Canal Saint-Martin, the more northern part--the southern part ends in the Seine.  I think it was originally meant for industry (shipping), but now it's mostly used for boat tours I think.  I went right up to the northern end on Sunday, which is actually in the 19th arrondissement, where the canal turns into the Bassin de la Villette.  However, parts of it are within walking distance from my apartment here in the 10th arrondissement, and I hope to check those parts out soon, too.  It's going to keep being hot and sunny here for a while, it looks like, so probably it will be a bit nicer along the canal--it certainly was last Sunday! 

pre-excursion snack (lunch)


One of the canal locks... very interesting to see the locks at work!

wider view-- where Canal St-Martin becomes Bassin de la Villette


No comments:

Post a Comment